Operating activities in Q3 2011 resulted in a cash inflow of €409 million (2010: €378 million). The change is due to a net effect of:
- Lower profit from continuing operations
- Lower cash flows from operating working capital
- Lower payments related to provisions
- Lower payments for tax and interest.
Compared to 2010, year-to-date changes in working capital are mainly due to:
- A higher autonomous increase in operating working capital
- Fair value changes and cash settlements for foreign currency hedging activities.