Change
Tools:
Print this page Compare to last year's report

Revenue


  • Revenue in Decorative Paints declined 3 percent compared with 2012 due to adverse currency effects and divestments. Volumes were up 3 percent for the year with increases in all regions except Europe, which was flat overall, reflecting the difficult trading conditions. Q4 revenue was down 6 percent due to the divestment of Building Adhesives and adverse currency effects. Volumes in Q4 were up in all regions, against a low base in 2012
  • Revenue in Performance Coatings declined 2 percent compared with the previous year, due to adverse currencies and overall flat volumes, but with continued variability between individual segments. Volumes were down at the start of the year compared with 2012 – reflecting the difficult trading conditions – but gradually improved, with Q4 volumes being up 2 percent
  • It was a year of continued soft demand for Specialty Chemicals, with low activity being particularly evident in construction-related products, pulp bleaching and the plastics industries. In addition to the general slowdown in demand, new plant start-ups and extended maintenance stops earlier in the year impacted production temporarily

4th quarter

 

 

 

 

 

January - December

2012

 

2013

 

Δ%

 

in € millions

 

2012

 

2013

 

Δ%

995

 

934

 

(6)

 

Decorative Paints

 

4,297

 

4,174

 

(3)

1,394

 

1,367

 

(2)

 

Performance Coatings

 

5,702

 

5,571

 

(2)

1,320

 

1,200

 

(9)

 

Specialty Chemicals

 

5,543

 

4,949

 

(11)

(36)

 

(19)

 

 

 

Other activities/eliminations

 

(152)

 

(104)

 

 

3,673

 

3,482

 

(5)

 

Total

 

15,390

 

14,590

 

(5)

Revenue development 2013

Revenue development 2013 (bar chart)

in % versus 2013

 

Volume

 

Price/mix

 

Divestments

 

Exchange
rates

 

Total

Decorative Paints

 

3

 

 

(1)

 

(5)

 

(3)

Performance Coatings

 

 

1

 

 

(3)

 

(2)

Specialty Chemicals

 

(2)

 

(1)

 

(6)

 

(2)

 

(11)

Total

 

1

 

 

(2)

 

(4)

 

(5)

Revenue development Q4 2013

Revenue development Q4 2013 (bar chart)

in % versus Q4 2013

 

Volume

 

Price/mix

 

Divestments

 

Exchange
rates

 

Total

Decorative Paints

 

5

 

 

(4)

 

(7)

 

(6)

Performance Coatings

 

2

 

1

 

 

(5)

 

(2)

Specialty Chemicals

 

3

 

(2)

 

(6)

 

(4)

 

(9)

Total

 

4

 

(1)

 

(3)

 

(5)

 

(5)

Volume development per quarter
(year-on-year)

 

Q4 12

 

Q1 13

 

Q2 13

 

Q3 13

 

Q4 13

Decorative Paints

 

2

 

(1)

 

4

 

5

 

5

Performance Coatings

 

(2)

 

(3)

 

 

2

 

2

Specialty Chemicals

 

(1)

 

(4)

 

(5)

 

 

3

Total

 

(1)

 

(3)

 

 

2

 

4

Price/mix development per quarter
(year-on-year)

 

Q4 12

 

Q1 13

 

Q2 13

 

Q3 13

 

Q4 13

Decorative Paints

 

 

(1)

 

(2)

 

2

 

Performance Coatings

 

3

 

1

 

 

 

1

Specialty Chemicals

 

1

 

(2)

 

(2)

 

 

(2)

Total

 

2

 

(1)

 

(1)

 

1

 

(1)

Copyright © 2014 Akzo Nobel N.V.