When we set our medium-term strategic ambitions in September 2010, we also announced a revised strategic agenda designed to support delivery of these ambitions.
- in response to global mega-trends and deliver on solution promises
- through market share gain, margin management and industry consolidation, particularly in high growth regions
- Deliver business models that
- with focus on RD&I, supply chain, finance and HR
- in a disciplined manner
- Build and leverage our industry-leading
- Live the AkzoNobel values by creating a
In creating this strategic agenda, we recognize that we must embed in everything we do. For example, we recognize that one of the key drivers behind the first item on our agenda, innovation, is the need to develop products that make better use of the world’s resources, whether this is within our own production scope or in the scope of our suppliers, customers or end users. In addition, in our definition, driving functional and operational excellence has as much to do with improving our safety performance as it does with reducing our cost base.
The following sections describe each of these agenda items in turn.